What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (such as user IP address) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; and includes Special Categories of Personal Data.
Special Categories of Personal Data is any Personal Data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; genetic data or biometric data; and data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation.
What Personal data we collect and process?
When you register for Amárach Panel Membership through our website/registration online survey/amarachpanel.com site we ask you to provide certain Personal Data including but not limited to your full name, email address, phone number, address, date of birth, your sex at your birth, occupation, and county. Within your account and membership, you can update provided information and further we ask you to provide information including but not limited to employment status and industry you are/were employed in, education, marital status, household income, living situation and property type you live in, nationality and if you have children.
We collect Personal Data you provide in the context of Amárach Panel Membership and when you participate in surveys or a qualitative research exercises such as a focus group a unique panellist/respondent identification number that is assigned to you when you sign up for panel membership and responses that you provide when completing the survey. You can always choose to provide sensitive Personal Data such as data that fall under the Special Categories of Personal Data and where required by law, we will always ask for your consent to the processing of your sensitive Personal Data. When you participate in our research you can refuse to answer certain questions, to share your opinions or upload photos/videos as well as discontinue participation in a study at any time.
Why is it being collected/how will it be used?
When Amárach Research conducts online research, our invitations and questionnaires clearly identify us and explain the purpose(s) of our contact. When we contact you, we generally do so for one of the following purposes:
- To invite you to participate in the survey research (including surveys, polls and focus groups).
- To conduct a research interview with you.
- To validate answers you gave in a recent survey we conducted.
- To ensure that our records of your personal information are correct.
- To send you updates about the community.
- To notify you about the winners of the prize draw that took place and/or to inform you if you have won a prize draw. All winners will be listed by first letter of name, a full surname and county they live in. The list of winners is sent to panel members only or posted on the amarachpanel.com with panel members’ access only. Panellists agree to this form of the winners’ announcement.
- To ask for your permission to use your personal information for a purpose that was not explained to you when we first collected your personal information.
Confidentiality of survey responses
We will never intentionally report your individual survey responses, except as described below. Your survey responses may be collected, stored, or processed by our affiliated companies or non-affiliated service providers, both within and outside Ireland. They are contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us, or we collect and disclose to them, confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are equivalent to our own.
Your survey responses are confidential. We will never sell, share, rent or otherwise intentionally transfer your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address to our clients, other market research companies or anyone else.
The only exceptions when we may disclose your personal information or survey responses to third parties are as follows:
- You request or consent to sharing your identifying information and individual responses with the third parties for a specified purpose.
- In accordance with the ESOMAR guidelines, we provide your responses to a third party who is contractually bound to keep the information disclosed confidential and use it only for research or statistical purposes.
- In the rare but possible circumstance that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or for similar legal or regulatory requirements.
We review, monitor, and evaluate our privacy practices and protection systems on a regular basis. We maintain appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data and other information disclosed or collected by us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Unsubscribing and Termination
If you join our Amárach Panel, you may withdraw your membership at any time by following the opt-out instructions that we include in every e-mail that we send. We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 to participate in research studies without taking measures to ensure appropriate parental consent.
Amárach Panel will terminate any account in its sole discretion if a member has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months. A member will be defined as inactive based lack of Amárach Panel Points accrual or/and no responses to surveys’ invitations. When the account has been terminated, all Amárach Panel Points earned shall be forfeited and all personal data will be erased from Amárach Panel databases.
- Security – to protect user account
- Personalisation – to store information
- Authentication – to identify you when you log in
- Tracking and stats – to track traffic patterns to and from our site
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Opt-out of certain data collection and/or use of your Personal Data when we invite you to take part in our surveys or within your Amárach Panel membership.
- Request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, to restrict or to object to the processing of your Personal Data, to have the information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Withdraw any consent you previously provided regarding the processing of your Personal Data, at any time.
Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
You can stop all collection of Personal Data and other information by terminating your panel subscription at any time. If you would like to exercise your rights described above or terminate your account, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Details” section below.
Exercising your Rights
If you would like to exercise your rights described above or terminate your account, please contact us as specified in the “Contact Details for Questions and Complaints” section below.
You can contact us:
3. By telephone: 01 420 5000
Change to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time without prior consultation. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on the Amárach Panel website – amarachpanel.com site. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Notice, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by e-mail.